Weird Fluid Artifact / Rebelious Particle? (Flipbook attached)

slamfunk

Hey guys,

I'm just running a little fluid test and I have noticed that a rhombus shaped 'particle' gets created a few frames in to the sim and moves along a curve in the x-axis. It' isn't a flip particle/point because when I look at the particles in my sim it isn't there but after I append the particle fluid surface it appears. This isn't the first time I have bumped in to this rogue little element so i'm wondering if I am just being a buffoon and forgot to turn something off.

Anyone know what the hell this thing is?

Cheers

post-6623-0-47327900-1355235649_thumb.jp

errorFlip.avi

Usually that's an indication you're surfacing the point that represents one or more volumes as well. So if you import the surface or vel fields from the FLIP simulation, each of the these volumes has a single centroid point associated with them. If you don't delete them before surfacing they'll show up as spurious particles.

Usually that's an indication you're surfacing the point that represents one or more volumes as well. So if you import the surface or vel fields from the FLIP simulation, each of the these volumes has a single centroid point associated with them. If you don't delete them before surfacing they'll show up as spurious particles.

Boom! Thanks guys! I had the slightest suspicion it might have something to do with the fields!