Pyro Sim not showing in viewport

Nygma

Hi @all,

I am having a weird problem from time to time that a cached pyro sim isn't showing anymore in viewport.

I have cached it to explicit files with compressed data and it worked fine when it simmed (also showed up), but after the file was closed and reopened it doesn't show up anymore. Strangely it doesn't show up after specific frames. So e.g. it shows the sim for frame 1-57 and after that it simply won't load it anymore, even though the files exist.

Has that happen to anyone else or has anyone an idea what this could be? The version is 12.1.33 and the machine has 32GB RAM, enough disk space and 2GB GPU, so this shouldn't be the problem - and after all it works while simming.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Okay I have seen it yes. So I have tried 185 now which seems to be the latest stable build, but still the same. Do I have to resim that? The sim files are there and pretty huge so there shouldn't be any need for resimming?

Edit:

There is an error on the import_pyro_visualization node when this happens "no DOP object names specified", although it worked just one frame before. Have googled this error and seems to be quite common but without solution. :(

Edited by Nygma

• 2 months later...