Voronoi Fracture with Thin Pieces

Hello,

I've recently faced an issue with Voronoi Fracture where after the object been fractured its pieces don't break the object in depth (without thick inside surface), there is of course inside surface but really thin, and also to include some pieces' normals have reveresed after being fractured too.

I've checked points, primitives, normals, position, and almost everyhing of model before being fractured, but nothing has slightly changed the pieces.

I've attached the images of the model fractured with and without Visualize Pieces and exploded view as well.

I'd highly appreciate your comments and suggestion in an advance.

post-9172-0-57993200-1359097586_thumb.pn

post-9172-0-59671500-1359097591_thumb.pn

My apologies for not being more clear. The transform and retransforming didn't change much in fractured pieces, so here I've uploaded the hip file and the link below get you the bgeo file.

Link: http://dynamiac.com/downloadable/temple_ceiling.bgeo

And yes, I am looking for those pieces as you fractured the box but I'm not using a box, it's an imported model, which I believe the issue is within the model that I can't point out :(

fracture.hipnc

Yes, the connection between moldings and walls helped to get rid of the noises on pieces' primitives after Voronoi Fracture SOP, but there is still something puzzles me is in Voronoi Fracture the "Create Inside Surface" is checked and it still creates layered pieces as if that option is unchecked, and even I stitch the primitives together it still gives pieces with no inside surface.

Edited by amination

I couldn't agree more, but I thought it would be a good practice to collapse a messed up model like this. I've managed to fixed most parts of it, except the ceiling, which I can't find out where the problem is. Hopefully, as soon as the geometry can be fixed I will post the final look of it here :)

But then again thank you to all of you for your comments and suggestions.

So many times it´s the cheap stock or library model´s fault!

I recently used a model for a melting effect and I had to almost remodel the whole darn thing because the stock one was creating a hell of a volume with so many gaps or duplicated geometry or whatnot.

• 1 month later...

I think preparing a model to support voronoi/rbd sims is the hardest/most time consuming part. fracturing, setting up glue networks/clusters, and simming is the easy part. I generally will try to fix a model in XSI, then bring it back into houdini. It's much easier to fix non manifold geometry outside of houdini - at least for me ")

Best!