MilanSuk

Everybody is good! Need you help!In the broken phenomenon of irregular objects will appear split! How to solve?

There is a bug inside Bullet Library(not in my plugin), so use concave bodies is not safe at this moment :(

Solution is create btModify after btBuild1 and set convex to 1. The outside pieces will not have accurate collision, but you didn't applied so much mountain, so you don't probably note this.

My example scene(you downloaded it with plugin) includes example for high/low objects, which is in your case good to study!

Hi!

I am testing the plugin right now. It's really super fast and has a cool workflowl! One thing though, I couldn't get to work: What I'd like to do is animate the rbds collision property. I am emiting rbds much like in the provided example, but I would like them to start inside an object and just start colliding with it when they are not inside of it anymore.

I looked into the collision groups example but they also collide when intersecting on the first frame, it only works after they are initialised in a non intersection position.

In my scene I have a prebaked ground explosion and would like to add some more rbd debris, but for this to look good they have to come from within the surface.

So something simple like collision: if($F>4,1,0) would work, I just dont know where to put that expression. I tried setting margin to a negative value which deactivated the collision, but when animating it it didn't update.

Hi!

I am testing the plugin right now. It's really super fast and has a cool workflowl!

thank you :)

I looked into the collision groups example but they also collide when intersecting on the first frame, it only works after they are initialised in a non intersection position.

I checked it and it's probably a bug. I will look into it!

Could you please bring back the fluid of bullet? thats mostly I want...

Sorry, but no, I can't. It takes a lot of time to create good fluid solver and I think that SESI did a great job in this area and I have a feeling that We will simulate fluids on GPU soon.

And bullet RBD solver running on GPU is going to come VERY soon!

Hi!

I am testing the plugin right now. It's really super fast and has a cool workflowl! One thing though, I couldn't get to work: What I'd like to do is animate the rbds collision property. I am emiting rbds much like in the provided example, but I would like them to start inside an object and just start colliding with it when they are not inside of it anymore.

In my scene I have a prebaked ground explosion and would like to add some more rbd debris, but for this to look good they have to come from within the surface.

So something simple like collision: if($F>4,1,0) would work, I just dont know where to put that expression. I tried setting margin to a negative value which deactivated the collision, but when animating it it didn't update.

I just fixed a bug with collisions groups and I implemented that If you set mass < 0, it set positive mass, but object will be without collisions with others(ghost) and of course you can animate it :)

It means:

mass > 0 - dynamic

mass = 0 - static or animate

mass < 0 - dynamic without collisions

I hope that this simplify solving your problem to minimum :)

I just fixed a bug with collisions groups and I implemented that If you set mass < 0, it set positive mass, but object will be without collisions with others(ghost) and of course you can animate it :)

It means:

mass > 0 - dynamic

mass = 0 - static or animate

mass < 0 - dynamic without collisions

I hope that this simplify solving your problem to minimum :)

Yes this sounds like it solves the problem! Thanks a lot! :) ..so this fix will be in beta_v6? Do you already know when you plan to release it?

btw, compounds in the latest video seem very usefull! great addition!

Yes this sounds like it solves the problem! Thanks a lot! :) ..so this fix will be in beta_v6? Do you already know when you plan to release it?

btw, compounds in the latest video seem very usefull! great addition!

thx,

I want to release beta_v6 end of this week, but I can't give you guarantee.

I also experiment with more stable concave objects(btCompound from tetrahedrons), it's slower than GImapact, but stable.

Awasome work!

One question - would you like to create some new video tut for last versions or some documentation? :)

thx, I will create tutorials after releasing next beta.

And one question - on win8 it works fine, but i dont understand, how instal it on linux ( mint ). Or it doesn't work with 12.5?

Thx.

version for 12.5 is only for win, you need to wait for next beta, which will roll on linux too.

i liked very much the last video . hope you find some time for those too .

!thanks

thx :)

Awesome work Milan, I experienced1.5 order of magnitude efficiency gain over using bullet w/ DOPs.. Love it. Only problem for me is I can't seem to find "bounce" parameter for RBDs and I am having trouble simulating a drag force.. Perhaps you can create an example of this? In a previous thread you mentioned using btmodify and manipulate velocities, but I experience trouble getting the drag effect with this.

What is the maximum number of RBDs you have been able to simulate yourself? I am trying to achieve the highest possible for my system. It seems RAM requirements are less than DOPs.

I also have unstable results with small objects... How can I do this? Objects roughly 5cm size, they appear to lose/gain energy and never stop spinning no matter what my damping is set to.

Similar funny results when setting framerate high.

Here is a quick video to show what I mean by unstable. and if I raise FPS to 240 for example (and adjust solver steps) it appears like they bounce, sometimes with more energy than they had on the previous bounce. Very weird. Sometimes they can jiggle like that endlessly (I already put damping very high for all objects and this is result, even worse with it at 0)

coins.mov

Awesome work Milan, I experienced1.5 order of magnitude efficiency gain over using bullet w/ DOPs.. Love it. Only problem for me is I can't seem to find "bounce" parameter for RBDs and I am having trouble simulating a drag force.. Perhaps you can create an example of this? In a previous thread you mentioned using btmodify and manipulate velocities, but I experience trouble getting the drag effect with this.

What is the maximum number of RBDs you have been able to simulate yourself? I am trying to achieve the highest possible for my system. It seems RAM requirements are less than DOPs.

Thank you :)

"bounce" is "restitution" and you can change it with btModify.

For maximum number of RGBs you can check this video: https://vimeo.com/58955642

It's not about finding max. objs, but you get the idea.

I also have unstable results with small objects... How can I do this? Objects roughly 5cm size, they appear to lose/gain energy and never stop spinning no matter what my damping is set to.

Similar funny results when setting framerate high.

In bullet documentation you can find that bullet solver is not cool with objects, which have size under 0.1m(10cm), so maybe this can be problem :(

You can try to scale up your scene, hope this will help.

Edited by MilanSuk