chops mapping for export

jim c

I'm trying to export some chops data from one series of objects (motion data t[xyz] and r[xyz]) to another. The two sets of objects have the same name but are in different container objects. There are also some other objects that named similar to the ones I want to match, but I don't want anything to be assigned to them.

So in the source container I've got

/obj/sp

-myrig_ctrl1

-myrig_ctrl2

-myrig_ctrl3

-myrig_ctrl1_bone

-myrig_ctrl2_bone

in my dest container I've got something similar

/obj/bx

-myrig_ctrl1

-myrig_ctrl2

-myrig_ctrl3

-myrig_ctrl1_bone

-myrig_ctrl2_bone

I want to fetch data from sp/myrig_ctrl1, sp/myrig_ctrl2, and sp/myrig_ctrl3

I then want to export to the same set of node in bx. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to pattern match this in a way that works without picking up the _bone nodes in the destination, *unless* I manually enter each destination node in the path of the Export CHOP. Such as

myrig_ctrl1/t[xyz] myrig_ctrl1/r[xyz]

Now if it were only 3 or 4 nodes this would be OK, but I've 60 or more to do, which is pretty tedious. Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to pattern match this in a way that works without picking up the _bone nodes in the destination, *unless* I manually enter each destination node in the path of the Export CHOP.

Sorry, missed this part. :) What about using a Delete CHOP with an appropriate pattern to remove the unwanted channels before exporting?

Edward, yes, I tried that, and that works for the src channels. But how to I prevent the export from assigning data to the destination and picking up stuff I don't want? I would have thought it tries to match src name to dest name, but it seems pretty random what it does *unless* you explicitly lay out the mapping by hand.

Initial fetch, work fine, has extra bone elements

post-4235-0-89901500-1361417785_thumb.jp

Use delete chop to get rid of the bone elements

post-4235-0-76605900-1361417794_thumb.jp

Try to export to /obj/bx/myrigctrl* ... chaos ensues...

post-4235-0-95948800-1361417802_thumb.jp

So it's the last step that I'm stumped on and was hoping there was some way to control that was easier.