Read in SDF of FLIPFLUID

remlorestudios

You're looking for the surface field. Most particles should already be in the surface field (dop import or dop i/o this), otherwise they should have an attribute 'underrsolved' or 'ballistic' (if you have that enabled) I can't remember exactly which... then you can use a vop or attib from volume to get the sdf value from the surface field.

like this?

customdensity.hip

Okay, this is good and I appreciate the quick response! :) But for some reason, it's not sampling the volume... now if I also pipe in PointPos. from Globals to input 2, then it'll assign 1000 and 1 to their respective areas (- and + side of the z axis)... but that's just testing to see if it's writing out values based on < 0 or > 0. So, what i did is just take a sphere primitive for now and piped it in, but it doesn't recognize the sphere volume to sample... the particles inside the sphere area (that's masking out part of the torus flipfluid) should receive 1000 and the points outside the sphere, receive a 0... the vopsop works, but it isn't sampling the source volume... :) so we're almost there... unless i'm implementing this incorrectly...

**update - Okay, it was the vopsop input being that the objectmerge was set on 1, forget to set the OP index in the volumesampler inside the VS ;) hehe it's working now... and I changed the surface tot he torus surface and used an isooffset to adjust the shell... walah! thank you so much Ikarus and Igor Zanic who helped me with this also!

Edited by remlorestudios

oh one more thing, how do we get the less dense particles to float around like mist? Sorry, forgot to add that... :)

** just fill the container with air particles ... particles with .0012 density... or create a sdf shell around the water sim

to fine tune the air only where needed for more efficient sim...

Edited by remlorestudios

You're looking for the surface field. Most particles should already be in the surface field (dop import or dop i/o this), otherwise they should have an attribute 'underrsolved' or 'ballistic' (if you have that enabled) I can't remember exactly which... then you can use a vop or attib from volume to get the sdf value from the surface field.

Thank you for your input and prompt reply! ;)

• 6 months later...