Planet collapse

bloomendale

Thanks guys.

Since i'm interested in point rendering i did the whole planet (with jupiter texture actually=) with points (4mln), implemented swirl behavior in vops (sum of different velocities to get the swirl form i need), cache active/passive parts separately. Then filtered active points by velocity, pos etc to get fraction of them as source for pyro sims. Did several pyros for shockwave and swirl to enhance it a bit.

Ah, and added emission pass to color inside of the swirl by ramp (didn't like the alternative with light lightening up the same area, so went with emission).

Added small debris/points (but vimeo's compression destroyed 80%).

+ a bit of comp.

isn´t the whole thing as points a bit of an overkill? what were your rendering times?

Why didn´t you converted to points just the area to be uh...über-atomically-implosionated?

Yeah, as i stated earlier it wasn't necessary. I actually have separate caches for active part (~1/4 of all points) and just one frame cached out of the rest.

I had some not the best rendering times with points so decided i can spent a couple of days trying it again)

dobin, really cool looking collapse. Liked the noise edge of destroying area. Tried initially something like yours but decided to go more gaseous way)

p.s

EDIT: Lied) about 1 min/frame for 4 mln points (3930k@4.2, 32gb), not ~20 sec.

Edited by bloomendale