Cant render Shadow Matt

Hi Everyone,

I have attached the file. In this file, I have a background image attached to the camera, and have created a ground with a shadow matte applied as the material. I want the comet's shaow to be castonto the background image, without rendering the ground floor but only the shadow. Please can someone have a look and let me know what I should do.

Very much appreciated.

Thanks very much!

P.S, the Comet may not be there as it is a file, but you can use anything you like to create a shadow needed.

Thanks again, Looking forward to your replies.

Comet_For_Shadow_Matte.hipnc

By the way. If for any reason no one has replied due to missing information, then please let me know so that I am aware and can add anything else which is needed.

I am still relativey new to Houdini and this site.

Thanks a lot.

I have unchecked it and renderend frame 41. I have changed the alpha in the Shadow Matte from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 and the ground is still visible.

I want to ground to be transparent so that the shadow is cast on the background image. What else shall I do??

Thanks

Hi Danny

First of all your are missing the background image.

I used a referance from the title that is pointing to your hard disk.

Anyway , don´t expect this to come out in your render,

What you need to do is use the render in the comp application and then overlay using the render with the shadow

matte that you have created.

If you put up the render of one frame of the Comet and send the background image I will make a simple comp inside the houdini Compositing Networks , or more familiar cops . this way you will be able to get the shadow on the "background"

Mangi

Ps:

The hip is noncomercial and cannot use the export bgeo, which is missing in your file so upload on frame say 41 and that way I cound explain better. $HIP/bgeo/Smoke......etc

Edited by mangi

Hi.

Well I am trying to make a render on this side , but in your network setup I get an error and can not seem to see how to solve it.

This is the reason I asked to get a tiff from you.

Can you put up a hip file that I can make a render.

I just tried to upload an image and could not also , I compressed the file and it let´s you uplaoded it

Mangi

What Houdini version are you using ???

cantrender.rar

Edited by mangi