Materials on refracturing objects

revilo3d

Heya guys,

So i'm a bit stumped on this. I have generated a fracture that has a refracturing occurring. Think "box falling down a cliff face refracturing on each bounce".

The problem is the inside and outside grouping keeps redefining themselves and I have shaders changing from interior to exterior faces on each impact.

How can I overcome this?

Cheers,

Ollie

• 1 month later...

Hi Oliver!

I am quite a noob at this altough I have a possible solution I just came to think off. Maybe for your specific task you need to have a refracturing occuring. Otherwise you could fracture your object and generate all the pieces, put that in a glue network and animate the glue networks strength value during your simulation. It would mean that the inside groups and outside groups are the same during the whole simulation. As I said it is a different approach but it is straigth forward and simple :)

ignore groups created by autofracturing since they come from underlaying voronoi fracture SOP, they recompute each time a piece fractures and therefore they flicker

you can simply create primitive group for your object prior to fracturing (named differently than inside or outside)

then after sim just create opposite group

and you will have your stable inside/outside groups

refracturing_inside_outside_groups.hip

• Like 2