Does Houdini have a Camera Squencer?

I'm not familiar with maya's camera sequencer. If you just want to switch to different cameras at different times you can use the "Switcher" node which does exactly that.

If you want to morph and blend between cameras you can use the Blend node for the position and rotation blending. If you additionally want to blend aperture, focal length etc. you have to write an expression or do it in CHOPs. I've actually done it last week for a project and it's pretty straightforward. It also works for animated cameras.

-dennis

camera_sequencer.hip

My goodness, I actually have thought your question is a joke. The most hated application enhancement of 2013... camera sequencer, but then I thought like, wait, Switcher Obj, back in 2004, I also felt strange about it! :)

Edited by SYmek
  • Like 1

Haha, I know what you mean Netvudu. If they at least would not mess up the camera motion blur :D

The morph setup however is quite useful if you just need to redo a part of your camera animation and don't want do render the whole shot again. With the blending you can match the start and end of the cameras.

-dennis

Edited by dennis.weil