Camera/Object Vector Position

Hi,

I do have a question regarding vector position in either texturing or geometry position. What I mean is when an object placed in distance and camera set far back the object appears in low-res and once the camera get close to the object, object develops or turns in high-res. I believe this is quite occurred method for crowd scenes.

I've read some relative papers and still wondering in lost. If someone knows any link to papers or done this technique in Houdini, would appreciated to hear some insights or even see HIP file :)

Thanks in advance,

Amin

I've never used the LOD node before, but now when I used it for some tests Houdini keep crashing on me every time I select the node. I'm using H12.1 though.

I'd like to get in depth a bit, I'm sure this can be done in VopSop, only I'm not quite familiar with the technique :(

• 11 months later...

cameras in houdini have a camOrgin add sop inside, you can reference this if you want the cam position. A better way to get the cam translate is by using the origin() expression to get the translate of the camera. You could do something like this:  origin("", "/obj/mycam", "TX") to get the translate X, and just change the last string in the expression to match the component you want ex. ""TX", "TY", "TZ" or rotation even, "RX", "RY", "RZ"

• Like 1