PolyExtrude add primitive to group ?

A simple question,

When I use polyextrude with a group of primitive, the extrude sop add the new primitive to my group. Is it normal ? Is there a way to keep group intact after a polyextrude Sop. The question is base on a CMIVFX tutorial that I'm following and it look like the result isn't the same. Maybe it cause by different version of houdini and the group SOP or the ExtrudeSop was different.

I know it's possible to make this result using another group SOP and combine with the groups created by the extrusion, but is there a simpler way, instead of doing an additional operation? Some option inside the groupSOP or the ExtrudeSOP?

Group before Extrude

post-9130-0-34792200-1367510192_thumb.jp

Group AfterExtrude

post-9130-0-76338200-1367510219_thumb.jp

Wanted result after extrude

post-9130-0-44649200-1367510237_thumb.jp

Thanks

there was some fix for polyExtrude and groups, maybe it's related to your problem

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Houdini 12.5.390: PolyExtrude transfers group membership from the input to new polygons, but now maintains consistency with the output front, back, and side groups in the case where those groups are also present in the input.