Polybevel on DOPimport geometry doesn't seem to work

Hello again,

Just updating this thread with a new question - I have got a dop simulation whihc runs fine, and I am using a dopimport node to import the data in a geometry node which works fine. Problem is, I want to apply a polybevel on that geometry, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Same with polyExtrude, just for testing. Other nodes - such as subdivide and color - runs fine but not the bevel. Any reason why this would happen?

Many thanks

Hello everyone

I've got this particular setup where I got geometry which is rotating all the time, and I am painting some effects on it using a group paint node.

Problem is the group paint node is inside a digital asset, and I have to activate its display flag if I want to use the paint tools - doing this resets the rotation, as it is computed on a later node.

I would like to look at the geometry from the computed angle while I paint details, as it is what will be seen from the production camera.

Is there a way to "lock" a viewport on the node computing the rotation, while I use another viewport to look around freely and paint on the object? Maybe using multiple panes?

Thanks in advance

Leon

Edited by MegaLeon

Is there a way to "lock" a viewport on the node computing the rotation, while I use another viewport to look around freely and paint on the object? Maybe using multiple panes?

Yep, exactly like that. If you split your viewport pane and create a new camera oriented to the view you want (e.g. viewport lists "cam1" as your current view), pin it to a different number as WesleyE suggested and changes you make from the other viewport pane containing the normal perspective view set to "no cam" should not alter that view. I do the same thing quite often for the same reason as you, often pinning different viewports, network and parameter panes in the series of tabs to make navigation quicker

Edited by ryew

Thanks, it tried using Pins before without sucess and that's why I came here, but after some work I realized that pinning only works with nodes at objects level, and not geometry level like I was trying. Thanks again. Since I am here, I though I'd update the first post with a new question about a problem I am facing instead of making a new thread.

not very good idea to update thread to completely different topic

makes all previous replies irrelevant and very difficult for people with the same problem as your first one to find this topic and helpful replies since it was altered

Next time rather create new thread for new topic

and to your new question

I don't have problem running Poly Bevel after dopimport on polygonal geometry, you need to be more specific, or do you have an example file?

not very good idea to update thread to completely different topic

makes all previous replies irrelevant and very difficult for people with the same problem as your first one to find this topic and helpful replies since it was altered

Next time rather create new thread for new topic

and to your new question

I don't have problem running Poly Bevel after dopimport on polygonal geometry, you need to be more specific, or do you have an example file?

Makes sense, I will avoid this next time.

I have attached a few images about my problem: a polyextrude on the cached simulation works, but a polybevel doesn't.

The problem is in both houdini 12.5 and 12.1, installed on my Uni computers

I have attached a .bgeo frame of my geometry as well.

post-8841-0-22321100-1369327693_thumb.pn

post-8841-0-42082700-1369327694_thumb.pn

fracturing.bgeo.zip