bullet and densities

br1

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm that density has no effect on rbd using the bullet solver ?

I tried different values going from 1 to 1000000 and the simulation doesn' t seem to change.

Or am I doing something wrong ?

Bruno

What do you mean?

What kind of difference you want to see?

create 2 boxes with same volume and different density. apply gravity. boxes will fall with same speed, cause gravity applies force proportional to the mass but objects need force proportional to the mass to get same acceleration.

and apply wind force. this force applies regardless of the mass so light object will get more acceleration.

or you can add drag force to gravity with unchecked "Ignore mass". you'll see how lighter object will brake more because the same force will lead to higher negative acceleration due to lighter mass.

this works the same for bullet or rbd.

The I am doing something wrong.

I have a sim with a lot of objects intreacting and sliding on an inclined surface, they looked to bouncy to me, although having a really low Bounce value (0.001). I thought bumping the density would reduce that bouncyness as well, but going fro 1 to 1000000 in density didn't change much. I' ll play with other forces and see what happens.

thanks for your input !