solving multi screen issue

amination

Hello!

Recently I've added 2 more monitors to my machine and all my screens have been messed up ever since. I'm using Ubuntu Studio (GNOME 2.5), and I've tried the administrator display setting which I do not see any option for splitting workspace between each monitor. I'm actually a bit new with Linux yet, so any suggestion or recommendation would be fantastic.

What it shows is one screen is completely blanked out, and the other 2 are mirrored from each other, except one displays larger icons. Has anyone had this problem before? What's the solution?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Are you sure your cards hardware is able to support 3 screens? I had to upgrade my GTX570 to a 6xx series card as the 5xx series did not support more than 2 displays.

I've just briefly searched for it and it seems that I am correct in my assumption:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/312500-33-monitors-4600

-dennis

I'm just wondering when you set-up 2+ monitors on your machine for Linux, did you adjust anything internally to set up workspaces on each screen or it automatically set it for you?

My card supports 3 monitors without an error in Windows 7, that error I get is only in Linux.

It's quite possible that you need to play with your xorg.conf to get things working. Just search the linux forums and you should find a ton of information about it.

Nvidia drivers have a configuration tool that sets up your xorg.conf for you. That's how I did it. There should be an equivalent for ATI cards I suppose.

-dennis