Field Force based on RBD Simulation?

MrBajt

Hello,

I'm fairly new to houdini, and just learning what you can achieve with it. I need a Forcefield based on the change of velocity in RBD objects. I tried to isolate the points with changing velocity with a VOPSOP and a Timeshift comparing the velocities (the same technique used in the waterfall tutorial on vimeo). It works well, but i thought about applying a force field with the simulated and isolated objects as a source, but that doesnt seem to work. The force field doesnt follow the simulation. I#ve attatched a file to show you what i mean exactly:

RBD_Force_field.hipnc

you don't need to do any computation in SOPs since the RBDs from dopsim already have "v" attribute which you can use as a force, so can just take the resulting geo from dops and use in Field Force DOP, don't forget to specify v as a force attribute, currently you have N which doesn't make much sense for your case

I would post a file, but I didn't get the purpose of what you are doing, since your current setup would be taking velocity from RBDs and applying as a force to the same RBDs making it accelerate in cyclic fashion

The initial Purpose of this setup was to simulate tension in breaking wood. I need a boat crashing into a cliff, but right now it just falls apart. I wanted to do a setup, where houdini detects where the shards angular velocity changes, and apply force there to intensify the effect. But now I fear that i didnt think this through, because as you said, if there is force applied where the velocity changes, it will accelerate in a cyclic fashion.