Expression help in character!

maxguy

hi guys,

Just started to work on characters,created a setup for a 2 legged character,Im planning a walk cycle for it!I am using sine expression to move the legs.

(abs(sin($F*$FRE))*$AM)-----FRE is frequency and AM is amplitude,

But its moving backwards,since it absolute value,I tried giving it a phase value..but could not make it move forward,any guys have suggestions for this one?Please let me know where to give the phase value in this expression!

Max

the phase of your sin wave will always be within your theta [i.e. sin(theta)].. how much you want to offset the phase will be based on your frequency. if you want to just set the phase 180 degrees off, use cos instead of sin. if you want to set the phase off by howevermuch, then just add a value to your theta.

i.e.

(abs(sin($F*$FRE+$PHASE))*$AM)

where the global variable "PHASE" can be adjusted to offset the phase of the wave. how much you want it to offset will be based on your frequency (increase the frequency, the less value for the phase you would need to come back 360 degrees)..

hth,

dave