dll errors

Hi,

For quite a while now i've been getting various dll errors with some parts of Houdini.

Specifically when I try to load mplay from the command line or when I try to login to the orbolt store making it impossible to use.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this? I think the errors occured after one of the windows updates but i'm not sure which one really. I've tried completely uninstalling Houdini and starting from scratch but still no joy.

Any help would be great.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 3, in <module>

File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.469/houdini/python2.6libs\hou.py", line 18, in <module>

import _hou

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Guest mantragora

... I do have a few autodesk programs, do you think these could be potentially causing the conflict?

Definitely yes! :)

Edited by mantragora

I don't have a stand alone version of python installed but I do have a few autodesk programs, do you think these could be potentially causing the conflict?

Check the values of your environment variables and save them. Now then remove everything Maya related before starting Houdini again?

You don't have any PYTHON -related variables set do you? Also check the value of your PATH environment variable. Also check the registry, from the Python documentation

This is how sys.path is populated on Windows:

• An empty entry is added at the start, which corresponds to the current directory.
  • If the environment variable PYTHONPATH exists, as described in Environment variables, its entries are added next. Note that on Windows, paths in this variable must be separated by semicolons, to distinguish them from the colon used in drive identifiers (C:\ etc.).
  • Additional “application paths” can be added in the registry as subkeys of \SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\version\PythonPath under both the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hives. Subkeys which have semicolon-delimited path strings as their default value will cause each path to be added to sys.path. (Note that all known installers only use HKLM, so HKCU is typically empty.)
  • If the environment variable PYTHONHOME is set, it is assumed as “Python Home”. Otherwise, the path of the main Python executable is used to locate a “landmark file” (Lib\os.py) to deduce the “Python Home”. If a Python home is found, the relevant sub-directories added to sys.path (Lib, plat-win, etc) are based on that folder. Otherwise, the core Python path is constructed from the PythonPath stored in the registry.
  • If the Python Home cannot be located, no PYTHONPATH is specified in the environment, and no registry entries can be found, a default path with relative entries is used (e.g. .\Lib;.\plat-win, etc).