Gas released in relation to division size

jasonj3d

Hi,

I am using fuel and temperature in the pyro solver to create an explosion and I am get very different results at different resolutions in relation to Gas Released and Temperature Output in the combustion. I can get a good look at one resolution, but once I make it a little bit higher res, I have to adjust my values on those two parameters to get the same result. Is there a ratio I can use on those parameters in relation to the division size in order to get the same gas released and temperature output at any resolution?

thanks,

Jason

Good Idea. I looked into it and from what I can see, it seems that gas released gets mapped into the divergence field in a normal sim and when you go to upres it, it doesn't do anything with the divergence field, so there isn't any special remapping of it going on unfortunately. They aren't even handling the divergence field in the upres solver. On the gas combustion node inside, the divergence field is blank.

Great idea to look there though. Still hoping to find a magic ratio to div size...

thanks,

Jason