Flip Fluid vorticity

JuriBryan

Hi, I am trying to create a rendering surface geometry for my flip simulations.

For that all I had to do in older versions of houdini was to lay down a isosurface sop with $V as function and I would get only the top surface plane of the sim.

But this seams to simply not work anymore.

The node feeds out nothing... all I can get is a single primitive... no mesh what so ever no matter how high the resolution.

Any idea how to extract only the top plane in later versions of houdini?

Cheers,

Juri

You mean the top surface of a meshed FLIP sim? I don't know, I'm having troubles with it as well. Currently I'm using a Delete SOP with bounding box to delete the sides, and a Ray SOP (I ray the mesh against itself) to get rid of the "floor". I'm not at Houdini right now so I don't quite remember, but it might be better to use one before the other. Only the Ray SOP takes you quite far actually, but I've had troubles with the sides, so I use the Delete too.

However this seems quite excessive and there are some problems with it. If someone knows a better way it would be great.

sorry... the browser auto filled in vorticity... topic should be called flip fluid rendering surface....

I also don't see a option to change the name of a topic, so again sorry about that.

But the question still stands, what is the best way to only mesh the top surface plane of a flip sim in H12.5

-Juri