UV a skin

LaidlawFX

Hello,

I've done this before so I know it's possible, but having a brain fart. I can UV as a sweep by using end and unrolling the curves the U and V curves, then uv texture with Arc Length spline setting U to be -90 degrees off the axis of the V, and then scale it after the sweep. But the sweep does not let me use pscale, and orientations that a copy stamp and sweep setup let me use, which in this case would be much prefer-ed.

-Ben

I am not sure if I understand your question completely, but:

- are you using a skin node instead of a sweep node?

- are you using nurbs curves to skin (rather than poly lines), that way you can simply use "rows and columns" setting in a UVTexture node.

If you are using a skin node, but have an incorrect orientation, you need to add normals and possibly upvectors to the curve you are using to copy your secondary curves on.

Normals should follow the curve's tangent, you can use a polyframe SOP for that.

• Like 1

Bingo...

and so when I forget this in the future here is the example...

After lunch I'll figure how the upload feature works again.. That's done now.

How do you get the polyframe to orient the normals? What are the parameter settings? I use vops sop/point sop referencing a sort.

UVExample.hip

Edited by LaidlawFX

In the polyframe sop Normal name: normal Tangent name: N. This makes the normals for each point aim towards the next point as in the subnetwork you made. It also doesnt require you to manually set the normal for the 0 point.

Edited by Robert