Lindows

Stremik

What the...?!

LindowsOS

What do you people think?

Is this OS worth attention?

I don't know what they were thinking! Lindows. :blink: Ha! Not only it was obvious from the start that Microsoft will sue them (allready does!) but they also discredit their own product. I don't know about you but I read Lindows as ....ed up Linux.

I did read some reviews on Lindows, mainly for ease of use for the typical Win OS user.

What the company's trying to do is to make the transistion as painless as possible & also, less configuration woes.

Also, Wine (WINdows Emulator) is used to run most of the popular/widely used programs.

I feel it might not be so bad, after all, it's still Linux, just made to look & feel like Windows. It should appeal to those who are looking for alternatives or don't want to pay gazillion yen to a certain Redmond corporation. ;)

Personally, I'll use, and am using, Redhat because it doesn't look like Windows. B)

Cheers!

steven

I agree, Stremik. The whole Lindows concept looks wrong. Looks like another piece of M$ garbage.

Regarding serious distros, I also use redhat but my personal favourite is SuSE. They have done a lot of custom code for nice configuration of graphic tablets, etc. and package management is great as well.