how do I get a string out of vops ?

dpap

I create a detail attribute of string type with "attribute create".

How can I add string data created in vops into this attibute?

The "add attribute" vop node doesn't have an option for string type attribute :wacko:

Actually an inconsistency like this exists for "Integer array" as well.

You can output "integer array" from the inline node but there is no such option in the add attribute node....Why?

Any ideas ?

string to attribute.hipnc

I also had issues with this in the past... I may add that the bind exoprt VEX node also doesn't work for strings

if you promote a string to use it in a vop it also gives errors (channel can not depend on time) error even if you don't have an expression or anything setup,

maybe wait for H13, it could fix some of these annoyances perhaps...

otherwise you may have to resort to a foreach node and cook up something inside that

Guest mantragora

Is this is what you want?

hello, world.hip

PS. You can't set detail attribute in standard Vops, you need to use new wrangle ones. Only in them you can mix different attribute classes. So for example, you could read string from point attrib and add it to detail one. Like in attached example, but instead of reading @text you would use point() to read point attrib with "op:" syntax in place of geometry path.

PS2. For standard Vops, if you want to export string to point attribute, use parameterVOP. It can do both, read and set attribute.

Edited by mantragora
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for your answers!

@magneto: I am afraid you are right my friend...

@acey195 : I checked the what's new in H13 vop/vex section but didn't see anything new concerning these issues.

@mantragora : Thank you man! I didn't know that you can feed the "parameter vop" an input from inside vops!