Can Vex/Vop detect the amount of inputs and have instanced parameters

abvfx

I don't know if i am using the right technical term but would it be possible to do this example in Vex or Vops.

Create a box, subdivide it depth 3, and with a vopsop apply a vexMountain and then scale all the points by multiplying @P with a float.

In the sop context you have the frequency and float to scale the points as parameters.

What i am wondering is say i had 5 separate objects piped into the vopsop and wanted to apply the same effect to all the objects separately. At the sop level the node would have 5 copies of the parameters and i could scale the points for the 3rd input, adjust the frequency of the mountain for the 4th input.

Of course you could do this explicitly but im looking for a more automated solution so it would generate the instanced parameters based on how many inputs are fed into the vopsop.

Also if you could point me in the right direction at to what documentation i should be looking at Vex or Vops, ive spent a while searching.

Thanks again Houdniks.

either create attributes on your geometries to override vex parameters (same name and type)

and of course all geometries would need to be merged to one since vopsop can modify only first input

or

use foreach with multiparm to apply different settings per geometry (or input)

in that case you will still have only one vop sop but the parms wil be changed based on the for each iteration and corresponding parm in from multiparm, which can be automatically driven by number of inputs to your asset

there are examples for that on the forums, but if you need more help just post some file with your problem