compile problem - HDK 12.5 - Centos 6.4 GCC

Hi there,

I'm attempting to build some of the example code to ensure I've got the HDK setup properly.

Running GCC 4.4.7 and everything seems ok up to the point where it's looking for lGL-dev version which I can't pin down or immediately see where to resolve, is there a preferred lGL lib I should be using? We deployed an Nvidia driver from elsewhere on the web rather than Nvidia's site. Is this the cause?

bash-4.1$ hcustom -c geoisosurface.

-DVERSION=\"12.5.513\" -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLINUX -DAMD64 -m64 -fPIC -DSIZEOF_VOID_P=8 -DFBX_ENABLED=1 -DOPENCL_ENABLED=1 -DOPENVDB_ENABLED=1 -DSESI_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DENABLE_THREADS -DUSE_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c -DGCC4 -DGCC3 -Wno-deprecated -I/home/renderman/appnet/applications/houdini/12.5.513/toolkit/include -Wall -W -Wno-parentheses -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-reorder -Wno-uninitialized -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing

bash-4.1$ hcustom -c geoisosurface.C

-DVERSION=\"12.5.513\" -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLINUX -DAMD64 -m64 -fPIC -DSIZEOF_VOID_P=8 -DFBX_ENABLED=1 -DOPENCL_ENABLED=1 -DOPENVDB_ENABLED=1 -DSESI_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DENABLE_THREADS -DUSE_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c -DGCC4 -DGCC3 -Wno-deprecated -I/home/renderman/appnet/applications/houdini/12.5.513/toolkit/include -Wall -W -Wno-parentheses -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-reorder -Wno-uninitialized -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing

bash-4.1$ hcustom -s geoisosurface.C

Making geoisosurface.o from geoisosurface.C

Making ./geoisosurface from geoisosurface.o

g++ geoisosurface.o -lpthread -o ./geoisosurface -L /home/renderman/applications/houdini/12.5.513/dsolib -lHoudiniUI -lHoudiniOPZ -lHoudiniOP3 -lHoudiniOP2 -lHoudiniOP1 -lHoudiniSIM -lHoudiniGEO -lHoudiniPRM -lHoudiniUT -lboost_system -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lXi -ldl -Wl,-rpath,/home/renderman/applications/houdini/12.5.513/dsolib

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../libGL.so when searching for -lGL

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Link failed

yea,I do. However be aware I've deployed a non-standard set of Nvidia drivers on this workstation here and it's gave me the below versions of needed dev libs. I'm suspecting that this is where the problem stems from.

(Running Centos 6.4 with GCC 4.4.7 as mentioned)

Package tcsh-6.17-24.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Package gcc-c++-4.4.7-3.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Package mesa-libGL-devel-9.0-0.8.el6_4.3.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Package mesa-libGLU-devel-9.0-0.8.el6_4.3.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Package libXi-devel-1.6.1-3.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Xi-devel called libXi-devel for this distro.

I'm guessing there's milage in pushing together a VMware machine just to do this, but ahead of doing so I thought I'd seek some aid with this little lot.

Edit: Post VMware instance results :

Indeed the new VMware machine/install I made has the exact same packages and their versions as shown above but I don't get the failing compile as I did on my other workstation. Only thing as I suspected it may have been was leaving out Nvidia driver, there may be 32bit .so files in the paths of that workstation that's possibly throwing a wobbly there.

Would seem that this is working and I'll use the VM instance to build plugins on going forward. No doubt I'll be back asking more of the bleeding obvious as my adventures in Sidefx code land continue.

Edited by TxRxFx