Assigning values to individual point

Hi !

Sorry if im asking something very silly.

I'm assigning value to custom attribute to few points from a set of points

Using there PT but these values are like specific value which i picked manually.

And for assigning these specific values i'm using attibCreate node.

Is there a easy way of doing this .

Thanks for all the support. Odforce Rocks !!!!!!

You can enter point numbers in the "group" field of the attribcreate node. You can enter individual numbers with a space between them or a range of numbers using a "-", for example: 10-20. Be sure to set the group type to points.

Haven't tried this yet but you could do this:

1- Create a wrangleSOP

2 - Create an array in the wrangleSOP with the values you wish to use

3 - Add the attribute from the array to each point by using the points ID as the index in the array.

I have to say I haven't used a wrangleSOP (that is bad I know). But this should not be a problem

I built this thing years ago as a solution to this problem. It seems to still work, though the downside is that it is built upon using a viewport selector to choose which entities to override, rather than a field you can put numbers in. Thing could probably use a full rewrite.

http://houdinitoolbox.com/houdini.php?asset=2

Just edit the attribute directly in the details view and the lock button on the node will go yellowish-green

Jordan Thanks for the trick but this trick can only work if i want to make a node lock

By that the position and other attribute of the point are also getting locked

Haven't tried this yet but you could do this:

1- Create a wrangleSOP

2 - Create an array in the wrangleSOP with the values you wish to use

3 - Add the attribute from the array to each point by using the points ID as the index in the array.

I have to say I haven't used a wrangleSOP (that is bad I know). But this should not be a problem

Hi Hudson

I'm unable to make this working

Is is pointWrangle SOP or AttribWrangleSOP node?

If u have some time can u please pass a sample file

Thanks!!!!

I built this thing years ago as a solution to this problem. It seems to still work, though the downside is that it is built upon using a viewport selector to choose which entities to override, rather than a field you can put numbers in. Thing could probably use a full rewrite.

http://houdinitoolbo...ini.php?asset=2

Hi Graham!

Thanks for the node !!!

There are some errors coming while i select the point using your node.

Jordan Thanks for the trick but this trick can only work if i want to make a node lock

By that the position and other attribute of the point are also getting locked

You could always have the semi locked node to the side and copy just the attribute back onto a non locked version of the geo

• Like 1

Would it be possible to send me the error? I'd like to correct any issues the tool might have.

Garham Sorry it worked this time when i tried!

Last time i deleted the node once and recreated it and got some stack overflow error

Only thing is your override works only for a single point bcz there only one value box

so if i have to override several points then i have to add many attribute override nodes