Can't use digital asset?

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 am GMT Post subject: Can't select digital asset? icon_quote.gif So, I finally finished making my first digital asset.

Now I'm trying to select the asset from the TAB menu, but when I select it, the TAB menu simply disappears and the asset does not appear as a node. There is no error message either. I click it, and nothing. There are no errors anywhere as far as I can tell. I tried changing the asset's name (adding 'NEW'), didn't help either. I'm a complete newbie at this, so any help would be appreciated.

For clarity's sake, when I click THIS:

http://puu.sh/5aeTR.jpg

Nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

I know that there is a bug in Houdini that haven't been fixed for quite a long time that sometimes nodes do not appear in network editor when you try to create new ones.

Creating new network editor panel helps (or restarting Houdini). But that is regarding ALL node types.

maybe if you send scene file with otl we can try to recreate this problem. There is no reason why node wouldn't appear after creation (unless it is created specially with instruction to not to appear)

I see your problem, but also do not know for sure why it does not create the actual node.

I saw some orange highlights on some of the parameter references, those are things you probably don't want.

Additionally I see a lot of non-procedural nodes: poly split nodes and non-procedural groups.

I don't know how well OTL's deal with these things,

you could try replacing all the polysplits with the new polycut node from H13 and using group nodes to create proper groups instead of selecting them from the viewport.

Also, I did something similar a couple of years ago :) :

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Old thread, but I just encountered this problem.

I was duplicating an hda, and I encountered behaviour like the above.

On 11/6/2013 at 8:51 AM, turbosheep said:

Now I'm trying to select the asset from the TAB menu, but when I select it, the TAB menu simply disappears and the asset does not appear as a node. There is no error message either. I click it, and nothing. There are no errors anywhere as far as I can tell. I tried changing the asset's name (adding 'NEW'), didn't help either. I'm a complete newbie at this, so any help would be appreciated.

Somehow the contents of the Tools/Script area was deleted.

Entering the default script seemed to fix it:

import soptoolutils

soptoolutils.genericTool(kwargs, '$HDA_NAME')

• Like 1

• 6 months later...