Maya 2014 linux mint batch render

etetin

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to find the solution for the past few days, with no luck eventually decided to ask here. As I think people here have a lot of experience with linux.

So basically I manually installed maya on linux mint and everything is working, except batch render.

I think that it has to do something with symbolic linking, although I have no idea how it fix it. My linux experience is 4 days.

If I go to autodesk/maya2014/bin and open terminal, type Render --help, I get nothing, it says file was not found, but it's there.

I have changed permissions, executed chmod 777 and everything.

When I try to batch render, it instantly says Render is complete, please check your log file, but nothing is actually rendered.

If anyone could give me some insight, I'd really appreciate that!

Thank you

Edited by ziggy

I've tried all sorts of things. If I type ./Render, I get "Missing file name". Another thing is that If I remove "Render" file from /bin folder, and try to batch render, it has no effect whatsoever. Isn't it supposed to try to execute it? Seems like there's a missing connection or something. Really hard to troubleshoot without linux experience.

Some more info.

mayaRenderLog

Mon Nov 18 16:58:23 GMT 2013

Starting "/usr/autodesk/maya2014-x64/bin/maya"

Cannot start maya

And Script Editor

BatchRender;

// Saving temporary file: /test/untitled__3348.mb //

// Rendering with Maya Software... //

// Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

I've tried all sorts of things. If I type ./Render, I get "Missing file name"

Well, this is correct. Render expects maya file as an input. If you type ./Render without the input file nor argument, it should print Missing file name warning as it says "give me maya scene you artist!.

Anyway, make sure you have MAYA_LOCATION env. variable set up, type:

export MAYA_LOCATION=/usr/autodesk/maya2014-x64[/CODE]

This should help maya to find batch render.

Edited by symek

Ok so it was really stupid, for some reason my "maya" file in /bin folder was called maya2014. Renaming it back to maya solved everything..

sorry for posting maya related stuff here, but seems like autodesk community is not that helpful.

Anyway, thanks a lot symek!

Ok so it was really stupid, for some reason my "maya" file in /bin folder was called maya2014. Renaming it back to maya solved everything..

sorry for posting maya related stuff here, but seems like autodesk community is not that helpful.

Anyway, thanks a lot symek!

No worries, but you shouldn't rename what comes with installation. Simply make a link:

ln -s maya2014 maya[/CODE]

Afaik this link is normally setup by the installer.

Edited by symek