Is pcopenlod a lightweight version of pcopen?

magneto

I think from what i have undertsand (and chance are that i am wrong :))

That pcopenlod = pcopen + the option to manage Level Of Definition.

So i guess is that the idea is to optimise your access to a point clouds

Basically you define a condition for exemple my Level Of Definition will be base one the distance to a certain point . So

If you want to access 1.000.000.000 points

pcopenlod will be far more efficient than pcopen

cause basically if you are in the distance define by your initial LOD condition fox ex 100m all the points will be access,

But then when you will reach a certain distance , point will be sorted in a K-tree structure to optimise access and thus instead of acessing 1.000.000.000 points you will only access 500.000.

To access the other one the condition that define your LOD must be match ...

I don't see any reason why they would block all the other command like pcnumfound but the doc doesn't mention it !

i think it's something like that , but i have never try it in the realworld , but it looks to be a very powerful weapon for pop stuff ! anyway i'm afraid i doesn't help you much than the doc :)

Cheers

E

Edited by sebkaine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks sebkaine. Sorry I had to put this on hold but in my tests it was slower. I am not sure if I used the right settings to make it mimic the standard pcloud open but with limited number of points and threshold.

I will report back when I do so, but anyone is free to chime in with their findings as well :)