Point cloud and VOPSOP outpout

Hi guys,

I have a VOPSOP, it has 56 points as input 0. those point have an attribute @checker

Inside this VOPSOP i declare input 0 as my point cloud $file with the op: expression.

as the point cloud $file i process is exactly the same thing that the input geo i process in my VOPSOP,

if i use pcexport(handle,"@checker",<value>);

i naively thought that pcexport , in the case we don't use a disk geo (.pc) was able to write on the geo i use .

I found this

http://forums.odforc...port#entry99315

And it looks that i am 100% wrong , pcexport can be use only to write in a .pc , it will have no effects in the case of a ptc defined by a op: expression . So in that case it means that pcexport CANNOT modify SOP attributes ?

The post is 1 years old , i would like to be sure that this is still true with H12.5 or 13 ?

Many thanks for your help !

Cheers

E

Edited by sebkaine

I find this very interesting post about how pcexport behave ...

http://forums.odforc...aded#entry66943

Have been proven again, sidefx has one of the best (if not the best) support all over. I've got the answer, but with not the easiest solution:

"This will not be possible with pcexport(), since the pcexport() operation only saves data for use within the same render - it does not write data back to the point cloud file. Also, to use pcexport(), it is necessary to use pcunshaded() and not pciterate() - since pcunshaded will ensure that each point is only looped over once."

"...You'll probably need to write your own VEX SOP ..."

pcexport is only there to tag point that were already loop in pcunshaded. so i guess i got my answer ... a definitive ... NO ! :)

Edited by sebkaine