Is it possible to use the Foreach SOP similar to Solver SOP but withou

magneto

Hi,

I am trying to apply some transformations to a single point and at each iteration I want to use the last resulting point, but I am not able to do so. Is it possible with the Foreach SOP?

Since it's not a linear transformation, I can't just use the loop index to amplify the effect at each iteration.

I want to be able to transform the point and then in the next iteration get the result of this point and apply the transformation onto this point, and so on.

Using the Solver SOP and then incrementing the frames work but I want to be able to do this without moving in time.

Is this possible?

Thanks anim, I did that but sorry I forgot to mention, I want to gather the result of each iteration though. Just like how you can do it using the Trail SOP.

So if I have 10 iterations, I will end up with 11 points in the end.

Can that be done?

then just append copy sop with the same number of copies and use stamping to get different iteration per copy it will be faster to use Solver SOP to compute your point advection and then use

EITHER

copy SOP with stamping that controls frame in timeshift SOP which is retiming the Solver SOP results to get different frame per copy

OR

use trail sop directly after Solver SOP and then Timeshift SOp getting just last frame you are interested in (like frame 20 for 20 iterations or so)

Edited by anim
  • Like 1

it's just because you are trying to send data to next iteration but as well to keep the copy of each iteration, so like combining both functionalities of foreach to one  which is not directly possible

and using Foreach with CopySOP or another Foreach to compute different number of iterations per copy just to get the snapshot geometry for each iteration would be less efficient than Solver SOP/Copy SOp combo just because Foreach doesn't have cache so it would need to recompute all necessary iterations per copy and therefore be slower, nevertheless it would do the job as well