Reflection of motion blur

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-QsiyptV2gNm5IMktBU0VlRW8/edit?usp=sharing

File is up in google drive, it contains files needed for rendering 2 frames from 99 to 100, and 255 to 256. The problem is I'm getting a white artifacts seen in the screenshot and problems jpg, those little white dots that look like mist or something. How can I get rid of that. It looks more blurry in render view of Houdini, but after I render them out and look at them in PS, AE or nuke, they look just like the screenshot. Upping samples help blur them a little more, but won't fix the issue.

post-10531-0-23518700-1387846967_thumb.j

post-10531-0-95911800-1387847549_thumb.j

Edited by gillsp

Hi!

Attaching the render I get with your file.

Unfortunately I can't get it opened correctly as it is.

Never use spaces in filenames. It's very bad habit. Even worse than smoking.

And try not to use absolute paths when sharing files. For example use $HIP instead.

And try to shrink you scene as much as possible. Do we need that train and other geometry for helping you with rendering artifacts?

Anyway I had no luck to reproduce it :(

post-5753-0-92910000-1387890700_thumb.jp

Its because you are using glossy reflections.  If you adjust your specular angle you'll get more or less of the blurring that happens with distance.  You will want to increase your ray samples from 1-9 to something like 3-9, but your render times will feel that one.  It is possible to average the values from the reflection rays in a shader, but you will want to be more shader savvy for that approach.  The noise ratio will determine when to use more or less rays.  Alternatively, you could increase the pixel samples, as it has the effect of firing more rays as well.  It is a balancing act between pixel samples, ray samples, noise ratio.  Optimize for your scene.

Hope that helps!