Thomson "Simon the Ogre"

jordibares

Finally released after a long journey of more than 4 months from concept work to finish and quite a challenge but I believe the amount of love we have put into the project is visible.

The commercial

Official Behind the Scenes

I will be putting together a little technical making of as I believe we have managed to marry successfuly the state of the art prostetics work done by Vincent Van Dyke with our sophisticated CG work.

Very proud, hope you like it as much as I do.

Edited by jordibares
  • Like 1

Nice commercial! I´m not sure where the CG work is...which already speaks highly about it.

Thanks, the main part of the work was putting a new CG face (almost all the shots) but there are so much more stuff… I will keep it under wraps until I ask for permission to talk about some things.

But basically lots of work.

Edited by jordibares

We liked the adv because the story/meaning and how you created it (the idea, the music, the editing...).

I'm very curious to know more too.

By the way, congratulations for the result.

The main thing was to devise at the beginning the best approach and we knew very well what would work in a fresh way so we recommended a hybrid prosthetic plus CG face substitution in some places, obviously that grew as we got the first results and saw it was working really well but the main idea was to use as much as possible the awesome prosthetics and enhance the face or substitute the face rather than a full CG approach.

Because it was designed to be read as a fairytale (which I can see the Youtube crew that comment barely grasped) we designed the project from that point of view and you may not see tons of things we did but believe me when I tell you it was a ton of work.

I will make sure I post a breakdown on our website.

thanks

Edited by jordibares
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

True, advertising tends to be quick and dirty, we are trying to do it right but it is tough as it needs time and top people.

The team at Realise was pretty big to pull this one and the core tasks were of course done by the top people here, Louis, Amir, Michele, Ben. Louis was the one that pushed for the FEM solution so I will ask him to drop by and tell you the details.

WoW!!!

A lot of work for just an advertisement!

I read about using FEM for solving the neck problem: interesting, I would like to know more about it.

Anyway, congratulations again for results.