Add more then one packed RBD to a sim per frame

JuriBryan

Hey everyone,
I am running into a small/big problem with the new packed RBDs.
When adding a single new piece to a existing and running sim on each frame I get the result that I am expecting.
The problem comes up as soon as I try to add two or more pieces to my sim on one frame.
The pieces get created and I see them in both the view port and the detail view, but on the next frame all the rbd pieces disappear .. even the ones that where there all along.

Any idea what could be going wrong?
I am using the exect set up that is shown in the new bullet masterclass, I am just trying to add two teapots every frame.

Cheers,
Juri

Try adding the name/piece attribute to the point before it has the geo copied onto it (make sure use template points is on and you've added the attribute to it) and disable the assemble node.

I'm pretty sure this solution should work.  I had some problems with the build (I think .198) causing a crash but that has been fixed in the latest.

Hope this helps.

nope still does the same thing. all my geo does disappear...

Could you, by any chance, upload a file where this works?

I really want to use this method to add smaller pieces to my sims on impact.

Cheers,

Juri

I forgot that I'd added a copy sop to the adapted scene I'm working with when explaining this so sorry if it made no sense. I've attached a file which works for me.  Is this what you meant?

emit_objects_juri.hip

• Like 1

Thanks for the scene!
But it is not working... Could be the houdini version we are using at work... 
I did almost exactly what you are doing, and with both ways the objects are either flickering into and out of the sim or all pieces get killed..