Adding new objects to a FLIP initial state

Adamman28

I'm pretty new to Houdini.  I simmed a FLIP fluid for a while and I created an initial state out of it, but now I need to add more geometry to one of my collision objects.  I reloaded the geometry in the SOP and it brings in the new geo, but it's not updating in my DOP network.  I'm assuming this is because my initial state does not have the new geometry in it.  Is there a way to get the DOP network to pick up this new geometry and use the initial state?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Actually you can use a standard sim frame to do that, no need to use the .sim format with initial state. Simply save your initial frame from the standard workflow, and from the FLIP object fetch that frame as a sop input.

Cheers!

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 1

Actually you can use a standard sim frame to do that, no need to use the .sim format with initial state. Simply save your initial frame from the standard workflow, and from the FLIP object fetch that frame as a sop input.

Cheers!

I used Explicit cache (Desired Frame) as a initial state for my simulation.... I am little bit confused about your statement, I may miss understand and little bit detailed information would be nice... 

Thanks In Advance.... :)

Edited by sankarakumar