get pyro color from particles

sinarhp

Hi everyone

I`ve got a scene which I am emitting smoke from a particle burst , I was wondering is there any way to make the pyro sim inherit the color of each particle?

I have assigned a random color on each particle and I am trying to figure out a way to make the pyro sim emit the color of the particle that its being emitted from,

I followed this this thread:

and tried to exactly replicate one of the example scenes (utilizing "SOP Vector Field" and "Gas Advect Field" ) but at the end my final pyro sim is white both in render and in viewport,

I have attached the hip file that I am working on,

I would appreciate any help

Also alternatively is there any way of transferring the point colors onto volumes? since I was thinking that maybe one solution could be caching the pyro sim and transferring the particle colors onto it afterwards, but it seems like there in no default way of transferring points color onto volumes,

Regards

Sina

get_pyro_color_from_particles.hipnc

Hi,

I used pcfilter VOP in your file to sample point colors onto volume and it worked for me. I would use new POPs though, it's faster and more points result in more accurate color advection. And also I wouldn't use Gas Match Field as I am now, since it's probably making pyro sim heavier for the memory. I just didn't find a quick way to make a vector field out of reference scalar post-sim. So you probably would want to fix that.

get_pyro_color_from_particles_fix.hipnc

• Like 2

Thanks very much teratera

It seems likes its working now!

I could never come up with a solution like that!

I had read that one possible way of transferring point colors to volumes is through Volume VOPs, but I just didnt know how to implement it!

Thanks for spending time fixing the scene,

Really appreciate it :)

• 1 year later...