a question for the fire gods....pyro newb problems

hey guys, i'm new to pyro but starting to get some results.   The image below I used Smokeless fire and I have two questions:

1. why is there so much smoke (since i used Smokeless off the shelf)?   How can i remove it (I understand it's necessary for the sim, but how can I avoid RENDERING it?....or ideally even computing it if possible) ?

2. why is it so.....pixelated / noise looking in the render?  It's not smooth and silky it's all points.  I've messed w/ some of the Mantra settings but no luck..

Any help on either topic greatly appreciated, thanks!

post-11023-0-46650300-1391550634_thumb.j

hey guys, i'm new to pyro but starting to get some results.   The image below I used Smokeless fire and I have two questions:

1. why is there so much smoke (since i used Smokeless off the shelf)?   How can i remove it (I understand it's necessary for the sim, but how can I avoid RENDERING it?....or ideally even computing it if possible) ?

2. why is it so.....pixelated / noise looking in the render?  It's not smooth and silky it's all points.  I've messed w/ some of the Mantra settings but no luck..

Any help on either topic greatly appreciated, thanks!

attachicon.gifflame_n_smoke.jpg

Can you please post your scene?

Its really hard to tell without.

Thanks,  I didn't actually have all those videos/links....I figured out how to remove the smoke, thanks!

i've read quite a bit on pyro, and done a ton of tutorials on youtube/vimeo....but have not found this exact problem re: noise in the render.

Here is my scene....much thanks; great community!

pyro_test_2_04.hipnc

Edited by jsunandmax

the noise in the render; try these settings in Mantra; Properties/Sampling/

Pixel Samples 4

Transparent Samples 12.

Noise in volumes should be easy to find forum posts on.