Flip Fluid Cache

Sustaxata

Hi guyz,

I'm currently working on a little fluid explosion type effect. For that I cached out my simulation, and I would like to now cache out the geometry that gets generated, however everytime I start my caching (using rop outputdriver), it only caches a few frames until it crashes. It seems like it is running out of memory, but I'm working on a machine with 32gb ram, and it always caches a few frames until it crashes. Do you know if there's a way around this?

Thanks in advance

Sustaxata

Yes of course,

It does go to a hundred % and then it crashes
The node in question is ZombieBodyParticles_fluid

the simulation starts at frame 150. I got it cached until frame 196, then it crashes, no error message.

Are my settings crazy?

I set my point radius scale to 0.7, and my minimum radius in voxels to 0.79 (original settings are 0.8 and 1)

I'm testing it with the original settings atm, however I set the settings down so much because I wanted the high resolution for smaller drops, I'll let you know the results

Thanks a lot

___

Just tested it with the original vdbfromparticles settings and it crashed too (at frame 193), since there was no error message or log, I assume it was the same cause

FXMasterClass_Zombie_v072-redoSimulation.hipnc

post-11041-0-03195100-1392818520_thumb.p

Edited by Sustaxata