2 flip objects and 1 source for each one, one flip solver?

Doum

hey all,

I'm trying to emit from 2 different source and store them in a different flip object. Is it possible?

I tried to set the Flip Object path in the Source volume "Particle fluid object" parameter, but it doesn't seem to work, each flip object emit from the 2 sources.

Do I have to do a flip solver for each flip object ?

thanks

Doum

just use 2 emitters with 1 flip object and 1 solver

you can for example vary attributes like density, viscosity per source if you like

or even create unique attribute per emitter/unique group and then split after sim if you want to separate them after

Thanks anim, you resolve one of 2 problem I had by not creating 2 flip object, separate them after sim... but does these groups created in SOP can be use to filter forces(like field force) in Dop? Because that basicaly the reason why I want to have 2 differents dop obj. I want to use the field force and use the group parameter to exclude one of the 2 flip object,

ie: pouring liquid(source1) and fluid already lying in the container(source2). I want to use the field force but only affect one of the 2 sources. I know how to do it with 2 separate dop obj, but not if the sources put there particles in the same dop obj. 

Maybe I'll give a try to pop forces, I know it handles groups, but I'm not sure if I will find a node similar to the field force.

Doum

yes, pop forces are much more flexible in case of flip

Field Force can be easily replaced by Geometry VOP/Wrangle node or any VEX based DOP and compute force attrib in there

and depends on the Field Force mode

so to replace Field Force (using velocity volumes) you can either sample velocity volume and compute force attrib from it (or use POP Advect by Volume DOP directly)

to replace Field Force (using geometry attribute) use pointcloud lookup for the attribute like v, then compute force from it

You can still use Ges External Forces DOP (or more of them )to bind DOP force like Field Force just to specific point group of your Flip Geometry

just keep in mind that it is being used inside of Flip Solver itself so  unlock it and remove your force from there if you are applying it by yourself to certain group

I would post an example if it wasn't blocked here at work, but hopefully it's clear enough

Thanks a lot Tomas,

It is clear enough :), some of this subjects are still magic for me, but I have to start exploring these. 

I'll try to experiment on what you pointed me, I didn't played a lot with VOP inside DOP context, but here is my chance :). I know basicaly how to use pointcloud so that must be similar to SOP.

For the VEX part, I'm not ready yet, I still have a lot of problem with syntax :), but it's on my to do list since new POP a lot of thing can be achieve with the Wrangle node.

About the Gas External Forces DOP, I saw some example in Nick Nimble FxPhd courses, maybe I will have to take a look again to those videos :)

Cheers 

Doum