Grouping points from and imput geomatry.

Hey there all.

After much bashing my head against the wall I have finally learnt enough of Houdini to allow me to do this one effect. Much joy and calibration followed. Until I plugged in the input geometry.

In the group node one can select the points within a grid. These selected points can be taken from the interior of an input geometry. I was using just a sphere while building this tool/effect. But as soon as I put in the geometry, that was coming from Maya, the selection got all messed up. About 90% of the selection seems to be correct. The rest seems to be a combination of an offset with some randomness to it. This gives the same result with both OBJ and ABC.

Now this has nothing to do with my tool. Even if I do this simple setup in a clean scene I get the same result.

Any help please :)

Cheers

That sort of looks like leaky geometry to me. Try using VDB From Polygons SOP and then use Points From Volume SOP if you just want the grouped points. Or perhaps VDB From Polygons and then Bounding Volume option on the Group SOP.