OBJ POP vs Part POP confusion

Quick Noob question. I have just followed a 12.1 tutorial that uses a very simple particle emission - and then emits particles from that.

The thing is he created a POP network at in "obj". Which is fine and worked for me too (although things are a bit confusing between 12.1 and 13!).

Now when I thought I'd do my particles in "Part" instead of "obj". Nothing works. The nodes look totally different while they still have the same name. Dropping even a location node I would get no results. 

Now im pretty sure I've watched other tuts do things there - but right now the logic escapes me as what I am meant to do in "part" and create a result. I figure its not part of the "scene" hence why I dont see anything but really what is the idea here? Is this because of the updates to Houdini 13 particles that im being confused?

Edited by revilo3d

DOP context is the way to go, unfortunately most tutorials are for pop, the particle context is kind of outdated, too. it had particle caching, but dop has that too and it is much faster. I really recommend to go the dop way

Cool thanks so much! Legacy tools are always tricky to deal with when learning.

I'm still confused though why in POP, if i drop a pop network and within I create a location - I don't get any result. In DOP it works fine... 

• 2 weeks later...