FLIPs generates 4 weird particles at origin every frame

Hi all,

I'm emitting fluid from some source points, and everything's working nicely.

However, when I check my spreadsheet for my DOP I/O I'm getting 4 points generating at the origin of me scene on every frame.

What's stranger is that they all have an ID attrib of -1, and don't show up in my scene at all. The only reason I found the bug is because I'm outputting my sequence to XSI & the points show up clear as day there.

I could manually delete the points before exporting by number, but as that's changing on every frame I can't. Plus I'd rather nip whatever problem I'm having in the bud before that point.

Any ideas/experience with this by others? I'm stumped.

Thanks

post-7190-0-92183200-1399999839_thumb.pn

Those are probably the surface and velocity volumes;   every primitive consists of at least one point, for volumes coming from FLIP usually at the origin.  If you don't want them, you can turn off the Import toggle for surface and vel on the DOP I/O node.

Thanks Johner... I never noticed that those check boxes generated points.

I'll be checking my spreadsheets more thoroughly from now on! :)

The checkboxes themselves don't generate anything. What the DOP I/O SOP does by default is to import the particles (Geometry), the surface field and velocity field from the DOP network. And as Johner says, each primitive has atleast 1 point; the surface and velocity fields are both volumes, and a volume is a primitive. So when you import those two volumes, naturally that point comes with.

Turning off the check boxes for the surface and velocity fields will then not import those volumes (and its corresponding point).

The checkboxes themselves don't generate anything. What the DOP I/O SOP does by default is to import the particles (Geometry), the surface field and velocity field from the DOP network. And as Johner says, each primitive has atleast 1 point; the surface and velocity fields are both volumes, and a volume is a primitive. So when you import those two volumes, naturally that point comes with.

Turning off the check boxes for the surface and velocity fields will then not import those volumes (and its corresponding point).

Thanks Skybar,

I understood that from Johner's post, maybe I just worded my response a little wweird.

Thanks for the clarification though, very much appreciate it! :)