Real Flow plugins v0.95 ready

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hi everyone,

I've got a new version of the Real Flow (RF) plugins available at:

http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_...w/download.html

New feature:

RF Export SOP: Will now export RF particle BIN files from any set of points in Houdini. All attributes (pressure, speed, temperature, etc.) that are present in the geometry will be written into the RF particle BIN files which can then be loaded into RF via the Binary Loader or N-Binary Loader emitter. I've attached a screen shot of it's param GUI. There isn't a tutorial for this yet, but the demo .hip file has an example you can look at that will help.

H7 no worky yet (6.5 did work ...), except the RF Import SOP on Linux, if anyone wants just the RF Import SOP before I get the issues ironed out with H7's HDK, just email me.

Yet TODO (should be done by SIGGRAPH):

1) Multiple inputs for the RF Export SOP

2) Multiple object support for SD files in the RF Import SOP

3) There's still an outstanding issue with the RF API regarding frames/frame ranges and transformation matrices in SD file.

4) New tutorials and examples

As always, if anyone finds bugs, needs some new features, etc. just drop me a note.

--Mark Story

*active member of the "Free The HDK" coalition :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xionmark
but is it available for 7.0.142 ? or the version7.0.99

cause when i use it just like the version u supplied for 6.1.208 it crashes?  ;)

Hi Aracid,

What OS are you on? If it's RH9, I'll have a new build soon, I just discovered some issues with RH9.

--Mark

Guest xionmark
but is it available for 7.0.142 ? or the version7.0.99

cause when i use it just like the version u supplied for 6.1.208 it crashes?  ;)

It's working OK on Win-XP and RH7 (the RH9 distro will be available tonight), they were built using H7.0.161.

What OS are you running?

Please give me more specifics of what you're trying to do, the plugins shouldn't crash Houdini, it may complain if you're loading the wrong version of the plugins but shouldn't crash. Also, try starting hscript, then type in "dsoinfo -s" to see if the Real Flow SOPs show up in the list.

--Mark

Guest xionmark
windows 2000,

Hi,

I don't remember if I got back to you on this. Were you able to load them OK? I don't have a WIN 2K machine, just XP, to test them, can you tell me if there were any error messages?

--Mark