FLIP particle compression even with particle separation on

tinyhawkus

Guys,

So I'm getting to the pointy end of my ice cream setup, it's all doing pretty much what it should, but for one aspect.

Even with particle separation enabled, it is still compressing when colliding with geometry. 

Clearly volume preservation is key here, I have a test scene, but thanks to MPAA I can't upload more than 100kb files.

Basically the test scene is a FLIP object sitting in a cone, think egg and egg-cup, with a box pushing down directly

on top. Now you'd expect the FLIP fluid to move out of the way, but it's not doing it at all.

It ends up looking like a boolean of the FLIP, and I get it that the particles can get stuck too close together

during the projection stage, but I thought that particle separation would fix that by enforcing an almost SPH

force.

I've done honey in Realflow before with SPH, and that required an insane amount of sub-stepping to prevent

explosions as you'd expect, but that's not an option here. 

The fluid is very viscous (it is ice cream after all)

Is it something stupid I'm missing?

Cheers

Lewie

Maybe an issue with collision velocity? Check the collision velocity visualization on your flip object, and maybe try a different Velocity Type on your flip solver depending on how the box is transformed (Volume Motion->Collisions->Velocity Type)