simulating soap suds

whodini

Has anyone been able to make soap foam with believable motion on a large scale. I;ve used flip fluid to get something going, but it still feels pretty heavy, and a little too runny. I kind of need it to feel lightweight and hold onto it's shape. I gave the flip_elasticity asset a try and it helps keep the shape and threw in a little viscosity to help even more, but it still feels heavy like thick cream rather than soap foam. I need this sim to do something spectacular too, like being shot out and following a smoke velocity field, so lots of balancing and tweaking involved but I'm looking for a way to simplify, and possibly find a solution thats quicker or easier to control.

yea, i should have mentioned that. I saw some of the papers on that  short anim and slides from pixar. It's pretty awesome, but the papers are a bit too involved than I bargained for. I need to create a blast of foam on a large scale, just wondering if there are any ideas, hacks or tricks to get this going. I'm looking at flip / pop based solutions, I dont really have any moving objects, so thats the good part. Just static colliders.

thats a great idea, I'll try adjusting those settings on the fluid, maybe I end up mixing two different sims, one with the flip fluid blasting out like a foam cannon, and midway I might switch or blend a frame with a new sim that feels more like foam. 

I got some good results using the flip elastic asset and particle surface tension asset combined with a custom drag operation in a sop solver to get around the sliding behavior of the elastics, this way the foam sticks to the ground.