Houdini Continuously Crashing

Hi there,

I know this probably isn't the forum for this, but I haven't gotten a response from support quite yet.  Houdini 13 is continuously crashing, no matter what I do in the program.  It generally happens as soon as I open a tab, or select an option from the top menu (File, Edit, Window, etc.)  I'm running the apprentice License, and have tried the latest daily build, but this has been happening for the past week or so, and I can't find the solution.  I'm running a quad core i7, and a quadro k2000m as my gpu.  I've even tried reverting my graphics drivers to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Houdini was working perfectly prior to the past week. Thanks so much for any help and your time! This is the error I get as well 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: houdinifx.exe
  Application Version: 13.0.0.492
  Application Timestamp: 53dc7d7d
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace4e7
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000000000001e2e0
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 5838
  Additional Information 2: 5838adc0d281fb4546882d57d5ca6743
  Additional Information 3: a8b0
  Additional Information 4: a8b06f501963746827eb75f187e8123d

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

post-10126-0-80893800-1407049973_thumb.p

post-10126-0-43678100-1407050007_thumb.p

It won't even let me get to the viewport options before a crash occurs. However, I'm narrowing down the problem, I did a clean wipe again, and the first thing I installed was Houdini, and it works great. I updated my gpu driver, and again works fine. It must be something in the Windows 7 Updates that isn't playing nice with Houdini. Thanks for everyone's help as well!

It must be something in the Windows 7 Updates that isn't playing nice with Houdini.

That's disturbing. Usually, the opposite happens: not updating to the latest updates is the problem. If you ever find out what is, please make sure to let support know.

Just in case anyone was still following this, I've found the culprit.  After wiping my system 3 times, and installing updates one by one as well of the rest of my programs, it was not windows updates, but avast antivirus that was crashing Houdini.  This is weird, as I've been using avast and Houdini on the same system for over a year, and never had any issues.  I switched to bitdefender, and all is well now.