why does one mantra node not render mblur, but another does?

Hello everyone,

another noob question here:

I have here a simple scene that illustrates a problem I cannot get my head around. I have set up a scene with a moving sphere. I have used a trail sop to compute velocity. In the geo on an object level I have ticked geometry velocity blur on, and in my two mantra nodes in this scene I have enabled motion blur. 

Still: If I render from the mantra node in the ropnet1 (created in the obj context) I do not get any motion blur. But if I render from the other mantra node, that I created directly in the out context I get the motion blur I want. both mantra nodes have the same settings as far as I can tell.

What is causing this? I am asking because I see that some people use the workflow where they create a ropnet in the object context, whereas others just create their render nodes in the out context, and I wonder which workflow is commonly seen as best? Am I simply overlooking something basic in order to get both mantra nodes to render motion blur?

Thanks,

Dougnomblur_vs_mblur.hipnc

Thanks for your replies eetu and jkunz07 :-)

Ok. So definitely user error there. I tried again.

When I render using the render menu, I can only choose the render node in the out context. That works fine, but why can I not select the one in the ropnet?

Since I didn't know why this is, I just clicked the little, easily "over-lookable" film-reel button in the bottom left corner of the viewer, and it rendered using the mantra node in the ropnet. Or so I thought. As it turns out, when I looked closer, one can set the various mantra nodes with a right-click, which I was unaware of. So, after all, the ropnet mantra node does render motion blur (embarrasingly for me...) However, the right-click menu was set to View:Mantra by default, and that option does not render mblur. Is this just a cheap low quality render off the viewer pane, or something else?

Thanks,

Doug