Default Box Size? (Visual or Numeric)

Atom

Hi All,

I CTRL-CLICK to create a box at world origin. I use SPACEBAR-2 followed by SPACEBAR-G to zoom in on the box. I notice it covers 2 construction grid units. I have read in a few places that one Houdini unit is 1 meter. Does that mean one numerical unit (parameter value) is 1 meter or one visual grid unit is one meter?

I want to create a FLIP tank that covers about 600 meters. Would I type in 600 for the size of the box or 300?

Edited by Atom

Guest mantragora

Grid spacing is set to 0.5 unit. In viewport top right corner you got two buttons. One is for camera and second for current viewport settings. In viewport settings look for => Construction Plane Parameters <= to change grid spacing.

I want to create a FLIP tank that covers about 600 meters. Would I type in 600 for the size of the box or 300?

Look into the Preference/Hip File Options for setting Dops up with a specific unit scale. Note this must be done before you create the Dop network.