Gravity Fails With Large Scale Flip Tank?

Atom

Hi All,

I am still trying to work out a flip tank scene. I have received feedback that I should try to maintain the correct scale for a fluid sim to "flow naturally". I have downloaded a Star Trek Enterprise model and scaled it to the sci-fi specs that the ship is 300 meters long. I have placed this rising up from bottom to top into a flip tank that is 600x300x600 with a particle separation of 4.25 (a coarse simulation). This all works, however, gravity seems to not be as effective when the flip solution is this large.

I would like to keep gravity "real" at the -9.8 setting. I was hoping that the shelf tools had all the calculations linked up somehow. But I guess not.

The scene is simple. I imported the model and animated it. I created a flip tank and pressed play. If you have time to take a look at the scene I am attaching it. Maybe there is some setting that can be tweaked to restore gravity's influence on the fluid?

Thanks

ap_tos_enterprise_rise_up_1a.hipnc

Edited by Atom