Weird display of sdf and distance vdb

XRM

if it's recent, what has changed recently? i.e. video drivers, Houdini version etc

Nothing. It just started happening all of a sudden. I even tried restoring and also deleted the houdini13 preferences folder from my documents folder. I even re installed the graphics drivers. All in vain.

Edited by XRM

The scene files are opening fine in the other systems. There is not problem with it I am sure of it. Even if I just add a box and then connect it to a vdb to polygons node, I can see this problem. I am on windows 7, Houdini 13.0.547, AMD R290 with latest drivers. It was working fine. I can only think of formatting and installing everything fresh again.

Try this first:

- Ensure no Houdini apps are running

- Rename the houdini13.0 directory to something like houdini13.0.old in your documents folder

- Start Houdini

If that doesn't work, then try changing the viewport GL version in the main preferences > viewport.

If that doesn't work, I'm betting that it's the video driver version that changed.

• 3 weeks later...